Wednesday 8 July 2015

Gluten-free Pizza


This one is for the foodies. A lovely recipe I found from the pages of the free Asda magazine (who would have thought?). I am a collector of all kinds of freebies, that's how it ended up in the house. I hoard them thinking I would be reading them later which could mean days or weeks or even months until John puts them in the pile of recycling for me to sort out (otherwise he will be in trouble for throwing stuff 'I might need').

That's how I ended up making this potato crust pizza in July when it was featured in the May issue. But I did manage to make it and that was the important bit. Because it's a lovely recipe that will surely make a regular appearance in our dining table.

Ingredients:
500g baking potatoes, skin on, cut into cubes [I made half with sweet potatoes just because I like them sweet]
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large egg, beaten
75g cheddar cheese, grated
4 tbsp tomato puree
75g mozzrella
8 baby plum tomatoes
basil leaves, to garnish

Extras:
pineapple chunk leftovers

1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas 6. Line a baking tray.
2. Put the potatoes in a pan with cold water, bring to boil and simmer for 5mins until tender. Drain and put in a large bowl, leave to cool for 10mins.
3. Add the oil, egg and 50g of cheddar to the potato. Season with pepper and mix together.
4. Put the mixture on the baking tray. Shape into a rectangle, then press lightly with a fork to get a level surface.
5. Bake in the oven for 15mins.
6. Remove from the oven and cover with tomato puree. Add the mozzarella and the rest of the cheddar. Top with halved plum tomatoes.
7. Return to the oven for another 10-15mins. Season and garnish with the basil.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...