Friday 12 April 2013

Captured by the Daffodils

My path to work used to take me across Weston Park, a daily exercise that has allowed me to witness first-hand the changing of the seasons through the periodic metamorphosis of the park’s botanical inhabitants. The few minutes I spend each day in that earthly paradise always leave me in a hypnotic trance, in awe of the Creator who made all things bright and beautiful.

In winter when most life forms are allowed to hibernate, the slope of the hill where the Sheffield University Firth Park Building is perched up looks like a solitary place. On the path by the manmade lake, two lone benches, memorials to departed loved ones, offer a refuge underneath the towering trees. But come early April and a flock of golden daffodils spring back to life, stretched in a never-ending line by the side of that hill, tossing their heads in a spirited dance. They are a sight to behold that as I cross the wooden bridge and watch their reflection on the manmade lake, I would utter a short prayer that would start my day right.
Sheffield spring
England
England
England
England

Link to Wordsworth's most famous poem: Daffodils

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...